Students rights and obligations
The information below is just a fraction of all the rules that Luleå University of Technology has instituted to make things better for the students. Unfortunately, not all rules are followed. Every student has the right to talk to their teacher or examiner and demand what is written.
The student is expected to
- take responsibility for their studies and knowledge development.
- regularly check their student email, "My LTU" and Canvas.
- take contact with the university for help with disabilities. Luleå University of Technology offers help for reading-and writing difficulties, and a lot more.
The student shall receive
- a review of the course evaluation and improvement measures at the start of the course.
- reasonable amount of time to finish their tasks and get a response before the exams.
- the schedule established at the latest 10 days before the start of the course. Modification of the schedule shall be made in consultation with the students.
- help by the student counselor when needed. The visiting hours shall be regular.
- unlimited amounts of attempts at a test or internship period if not stated different in the syllabus.
- the course literature established at the latest 10 weeks before the start of the course. If less than half of the book is needed, this has to be stated in the syllabus. All course literature has to be available in the library.
- their exam results presented 3 weeks after the date of the exam and at the latest 2 weeks before the next examination opportunity. In the examination task it shall be stated when the result will be presented.
- personal injury insurance.
- equal treatment regardless of sex, transgender identity or expression, religion or other beliefs, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation and age.
- The score of a task shall correspond to the amount of time in higher education credits (högskolepoäng).
- The schedule for the modules shall be finished at the latest 10 days before the last day to apply.
Here you will find Luleå University of Technologys document regarding students rights and obligations.Students rights and obligations
If you feel like your student rights has been violated, you can report this to us via utbildningsbevakning.se.Educational monitoring
If you have questions regarding all of this you can contact our elected representative in the departments regarding education or study environment.
If you have questions regarding education or student rights you can turn to our head of educational affairs, or to utbildningsbevakning.se.
If you have questions regarding the study environment on campus, you can turn to our Head of social welfare and equality. It can be both physical and mental matters. You can also report it to utbildningsbevakning.se.
If you feel like you need someone to talk to, you can contact StudentKompis who is an anonymous chat.